The 5 Home Improvement Projects with the Best ROI in 2021Aug/27/2021 107
Best ROI Home Improvements You Can MakeNot every home improvement project has a great return on investment. That doesn’t matter as much if you are making renovations for your own enjoyment, but if you are making home improvements to help improve the resale value of your home, you’ll want to invest in those with the highest return. What are those improvements? Read on to find out.
1. Garage door replacement.When you’re thinking about remodeling or updating your home, garage door replacement is probably not at the top of your list. However, replacing an older garage door can have a great return on investment. If your old garage door isn’t functioning properly, putting in a new one can have great value. The average cost for garage door replacement is $3,907. You can expect to add $3,663 in resale value. That means a 94% return on investment.
2. Partial kitchen remodel.Kitchen remodels can be really expensive, and depending on what you do, you might not see a great return on your investment. On the other hand, kitchens are a main selling point for many potential buyers. Minor kitchen remodels have an average cost of $26k and about $19k in resale value. That means you can recoup about 72% of your cost.
3. Vinyl window replacement.Vinyl windows can be inexpensive and make a real difference when it comes to your home’s insulation. The average cost to replace vinyl windows is around $19k, and you should add about $13k in resale value to your home by replacing your vinyl windows. That’s a 69% return in your investment.
4. Deck installation.A deck can add a lot of value and enjoyment to your home. You can lounge, dine or hang out on a deck. A professional deck contractor can help you install a wood deck correctly. The average cost to install a wood deck is about $17k. You can add up to $11k in resale value to your home by adding a deck, which is a 66% return on your investment.
5. Adding a stone veneer to your home.Curb appeal goes a long way when selling your home. In addition to adding resale value, your home’s exterior can also help your home sell faster. Adding a stone veneer to the exterior of your home is one way to increase its curb appeal. The average cost to install stone veneer is around $10k. With $9k in resale value, you can see a 92% return on your investment.
Ready to update your home? HomeContractors101 can help you find local contractors in your area who are ready to take on your next home improvement project. Increase your home’s resale value and get more enjoyment out of your home. Try us out today.